Creamy Whole30 chicken and broccoli that you can make in one pan.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic
Creamy Sauce Ingredients
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight
- Steam broccoli florets by add broccoli and 1/2 cup of water to a large frying pan
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow the broccoli to steam for 3 minutes
- While the broccoli cooks, slice each chicken breast in half long ways so two thin pieces remain from each breast. Season each piece on both sides with salt and pepper
- Remove steamed broccoli and excess water from the pan
- Heat avocado oil in the frying pan over medium-low heat and add 3 smashed garlic cloves to the pan
- Allow the cloves to cook in the garlic for 3 minutes taking care to not burn them, then remove the garlic from the pan, leaving the oil behind
- Increase the heat to medium and add the chicken to the pan
- Cook the chiken on medium for 3 mintues each side
- As the chicken cooks, prepare the creamy sauce by blending the soaked cashews, chicken broth, pepper, and salt in a blender until a smooth mixture remains.
- Add the steamed broccoli back into the pan with the cooked chicken and pour the sauce into the pan
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently so the sauce coats the chicken and broccoli
- Remove the pan from the heat and enjoy!
Keywords: skillet chicken, creamy chicken, whole30 skillet