Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 16oz bag of broccoli and cauliflower floret mix
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup of Mad About Food apple cider vinaigrette recipe or 3/4 cup of vinaigrette of your choice
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower florets into smaller pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare a large ice bath on the side.
- Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower by boiling them for 2 minutes and then immediately transfer the vegetables to the ice water. Once cooled, drain them and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add red onions, red bell pepper, almonds, bacon, craisins and sunflower seeds to the blanched broccoli and cauliflower. Toss in the vinaigrette.
- Chill in the fridge about an hour before serving for optimal enjoyment.
- Feel free to use any nuts or seeds you like in place of the almonds and sunflower seeds
- I prefer to serve this salad chilled, but you can also serve it at room temperature
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.