Servings: 12 muffins 1x
- 1 cup applesauce – unsweetened
- 1 egg – room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk applesauce, egg, vegetable oil, brown sugar and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold all purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt into the wet ingredients with a flat spatula.
- In a separate bowl prepare crumb topping. Mix rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix in the vegetable oil.
- Pour muffin batter into a 12 slot lined or greased muffin tin. Top each muffin with the crumb topping.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Use homemade or store bough applesauce – I prefer to use unsweetened
- Use 1:1 gluten free flour in place of all purpose flour for gluten free muffins
- Omit the crumb topping if desired
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.