- Cube tempeh, chop bell pepper and cut broccoli florets into smaller pieces. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium low heat.
- Add chopped bell pepper and broccoli to the frying pan when the oil is warm. Cook the veggies tossing frequently for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the cooked veggies from the pan and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan along with the cubed tempeh. Brown tempeh on all sides for about 7 minutes, flipping frequently
- While the tempeh cooks, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the veggies back into the pan with the cooked tempeh. Pour the sauce over top and increase the heat to medium. Toss the veggies and tempeh in the sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold water. Make space in the middle of the simmering pan and mix cornstarch slurry into sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for another minute while tossing in the tempeh and veggies. Serve immediately with green onion, toasted sesame seeds and rice
*** Make this recipe vegan by substituting the honey with agave nectar and brown rice syrup. Make this recipe gluten free by substituting the soy sauce with coconut aminos.