Southern chicken salad made with hard boiled eggs, dill pickles, red onion and celery.
- 1.5lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp diced dill pickles
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add chicken breasts to a sauce pan with cold water. Place pan on the stove and bring water to a boil. Cover pot and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 14 minutes and then remove the chicken from water.
- Hard boil the eggs by adding cold water to a sauce pan and bringing the water to a boil. Add the eggs to the pan with the boiling water and boil the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot after 10 minutes and immediately transfer to an ice bath.
- Dice the red onion and celery and chop dill pickles into a fine dice. Mix together the mayo, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs and cube the chicken breast. Add the chicken and eggs to a large mixing bowl with the red onion, celery, dill pickles, and mayo mixture.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined. Serve chilled on lettuce or bread.
Keywords: southern style chicken salad, southern chicken salad, chicken salad recipe with eggs