Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch curly kale (about 8oz)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
lemon Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove – grated or minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut sourdough bread into a small cubes and toss in olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt. Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Toast cubed bread until golden brown.
- Remove the croutons from the pan and allow to cool. Use a sharp knife to chop into even smaller pieces.
- Chop kale pieces until it is finely shredded. Place kale in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, prepare lemon caesar dressing. Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, garlic, dijon, and pepper until fully combined. While moving the whisk briskly, pour the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream.
- Pour dressing over the kale and use your hands to really massage the dressing into the kale. Toss the croutons, lemon zest and fresh parmesan cheese into the salad and serve.
- Use any kind of kale you like – curly kale, tuscan kale or baby kale
- You can use pre-grated parmesan cheese but I prefer the flavor of freshly grated parm
- You can use any kind of bread to make the croutons but my favorite are sourdough, Italian, multigrain bread
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.