Servings: 6 cups applesauce 1x
- 3lb bag of apples – any variety you like
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Peel and core the apples. Roughly chop the apples into cubes.
- Add apples to the crockpot along with the water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir all ingredients together to combine. Close the lid and set crockpot to low. Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Turn crockpot off. Blend with an immersion blender right in the crockpot OR carefully transfer to a regular blender and blend.
- Transfer to a container and allow to cool completely. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I like to use honey crisp apples for this, but you can use any kind you like or a blend of multiple kinds.
- You can omit the salt if you would like to
- You can double the amount of cinnamon
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.