Make Crispy Baked French Fries in the oven with this simple and delicious recipe! Just chop, soak, season, and bake your fries to make a healthier alternative to french fries at home.
- Cut russet potatoes into fries
- Add fries to a large bowl and cover with cold water
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour
- Remove the fries from the fridge and preheat the oven to 425F
- Place a wire baking rack on a metal baking sheet
- Drain the water from the bowl of fries and toss the fries in the oil
- Arrange the fries on the wire rack with some space between each fry
- Season the fries liberally with sea salt
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- Increase the heat to broil and broil for 5-10 minutes or until the fries have reached your desired crisp
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy!
Keywords: crispy baked french fries, homemade french fries, baked fries