Servings: 3 Servings 1x
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Spray oil
- Cut chicken into bite size nuggets
- Add crisp rice cereal to a food processor with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika
- Pulse until most of the cereal has been crushed into small pieces – its okay if some are still larger, this will add good texture to the popcorn chicken
- Prepare a breading station by whisking the two eggs in a shallow bowl and pouring the cereal breading mixture into another shallow bowl
- Bread the chicken by dipping in the egg and then in the breading
- Place each breaded nugget in an air fryer basket – You may need to cook them in more than one batch
- When all of the chicken is breaded, spray on all sides with a spray oil
- Place the basket in the air fryer
- Air fry the popcorn chicken at 375F for 10 minutes – tossing once after 5 minutes
- Allow the chicken to cool slightly and then enjoy!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make this popcorn chicken recipe in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400F on convection. Lay a rack on a baking sheet. Bake the breaded chicken on the rack at 400F for 15 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.