This Whole30 Kale Caesar will be your new go-to simple salad. It is made with a homemade plant-based Caesar dressing and pairs perfectly with the protein of your choosing!
Want a tip for eating for kale? Cover it in a delicious Caesar dressing!
People always complain about kale not tasting good, but I firmly believe that if it’s prepared correctly, anyone can love kale. I love this Whole30 Kale Caesar mostly because of the dressing. It is creamy, tangy, and SO flavorful. When you pour that dressing over the kale and Brussels sprouts you create a salad that is simply addicting.
I also love the versatility of this salad! Prep a big bowl of this healthy Whole30 salad ahead of time and enjoy it throughout the week. I like to top this salad with any protein I have like chicken, steak, shrimp or crispy chickpeas if you are plant-based!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Whole30 Kale Caesar?
- Food processor, sharp knife or mandolin to shred the Brussels sprouts – unless you buy them pre-shredded
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- High speed blender
What ingredients will I need to make this delicious salad?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to prepare this simple and delicious Caesar salad.
- Shredded Brussels sprouts
- Chopped kale
- Raw cashews
- Avocado oil
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut aminos
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
Let’s make a Whole30 Kale Caesar!
Step 1: Soak the Cashews and Prep the Dressing
First, soak the raw cashews for the dressing in water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Then, place cashews, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a high speed blender. Blend on high until a smooth, even dressing remains.
Step 2: Shred the Brussels and Chop the Kale
Next, either grab some pre-shredded Brussels sprouts or shred them in a food processor, with a sharp knife or on a mandolin. Chop the kale into small pieces. Then, combine both the kale and Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Massage the Dressing into the Greens
Next, pour the Caesar dressing over the kale and Brussels sprouts. Massage the dressing onto the veggies with your hands until the greens are evenly coated.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this kale salad keep in the fridge?
This salad did not last very long in our fridge because it is so good! But it should last for about 48 hours in the fridge after it is dressed.
If you are storing the Caesar dressing separately it will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A delicious caesar salad with a plant based homemade caesar dressing!
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight
- Drain the water from the cashews and rinse
- Add cashews, water, avocado oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a high speed blender
- Blend on high until a smooth dressing remains
- Prepare the kale by chopping into small pieces
- Either shred Brussels sprouts with a food processor, knife, or a mandolin OR purchase pre-shredded Brussels sprouts
- In a large mixing bowl combine chopped kale, shaved Brussels sprouts, and Caesar dressing in a large mixing bowl
- Use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale and Brussels sprouts so that all of the greens are evenly coated
- Enjoy with grilled chicken, sliced steak, crispy chickpeas or any protein of your choosing!
Keywords: Kale caesar, whole30, plant based