Make a delicious Whole30 Cobb Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing. Meal prep these low carb salads with cashew dressing to keep lunch interesting all week.
Keep salads interesting with this Whole30 Cobb Salad and a Spicy Cashew Dressing
When I did the Whole30 I ate more salads than ever before in my life so I had to learn to keep it interesting and keep myself full. This Whole30 cobb salad with a spicy cashew dressing definitely was one of my favorites.
I made this a couple times during Whole30 and finally got around to sharing the exact instructions with all of you! The spicy cashew dressing is simply amazing and would be great with any of your favorite salads.
How to make a spicy cashew dressing
The best part of this Whole30 cobb salad with spicy cashew dressing recipe is hands down the spicy cashew dressing that you could enjoy on pretty much any salad!
If you are short on time, you can pour boiling water over the cashews and soak them for an hour. Once the cashews are soaked add them to the food processor with the lemon juice, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, water, apple cider vinegar and avocado oil.
Process until smooth and then add to an air tight container or a squeeze bottle for storage.
How to make Whole30 Cobb Salad
You can make this Whole30 cobb salad with pretty much any amount of the ingredients listed. If you follow me on Instagram you know that I LOVE bacon so when I make my cobb salads I pretty much double the amount of bacon.
Usually I bake my bacon to make sure it is extra crispy. You can find my crispy baked bacon method here. I also make extra chicken tenders so that I can grab them at any time during the week for a quick and filling hit of protein.
Keep reading to grab the full recipe for this Whole30 Cobb Salad and Spicy Cashew Dressing.
Spicy Cashew Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Cobb Salad Ingredients
- Season chicken tenders liberally with salt and pepper. Heat avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cooking chicken tenders over for medium heat for 15 minutes flipping every couple of minutes. Allow the chicken to cool completely and then slice into bites
- While the chicken cooks prepare the spicy cashew dressing by adding soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, water, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and process until fully combine. Add oil and vinegar to the food processor and continue processing until a smooth dressing forms.
- Cook bacon until crispy and chop into bite size pieces. Hard boil the eggs, cool and cut into quarters. Chop romaine lettuce into ribbons
- Arrange lettuce, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, avocado and hard boiled eggs in bowls and drizzle with the spicy cashew dressing