Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower
Make a delicious Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower for the perfect side dish. Roast cauliflower until crisp and toss in a creamy tahini harissa sauce.
True Food Kitchen copycat harissa cauliflower
Mark my words: harissa will be the new “it” ingredient in the health food world. I have seen it popping up on recipes and restaurant menus all the time lately and for good reason!
It is absolutely delicious and has more depth of flavor than the standard hot sauce. This Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower recipe was inspired by a dish I tried at True Food Kitchen.
Part of the reason why I made this Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower dish is to remind myself what normal cauliflower actually takes like. We have sooooo many ways to manipulate cauliflower these days like as gnocchi, pizza and even crackers, but the good old fashioned roasted cauliflower is still pretty tasty!
It is even better when tossed in a spicy sauce and paired with some sweet, sticky dates. Check out the video below to see exactly how I made this simple Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower.
Make a creamy sauce with tahini and harissa
As you can see from the video above, this Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower recipe comes together fairly quickly and simply. The tahini that I used for this recipe and that I always use is Soom foods tahini!
It is a Philadelphia based, women owned, family business. Basically my perfect company based on that information alone, but their tahini is superior to any other kind I have tried.
Grab the full recipe for this Tahini and Harissa Roasted Cauliflower below and, as always, if you make this recipe, share your creation with me on Instagram!
Harissa and Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 dates
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Chop cauliflower into florets, place on baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, toss and bake for another 20 minutes
- While cauliflower is roasting combine tahini, harissa, lemon juice, water and salt into a smooth sauce
- Pit and chop dates into small pieces
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool slightly
- Toss cauliflower in sauce and date pieces
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top and enjoy!
Leave a Comment