Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8oz jumbo shell pasta for stuffing
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese – separated
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 28oz jar of marinara sauce
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the ground beef to the pan. Season with italian seasoning and salt. Brown and break up into crumbles until cooked through – about 7 minutes. Drain any excess grease from the beef and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Boil jumbo shells in salted water. Set aside for stuffing.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, ricotta cheese, 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce along the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Take the cooked shells and stuff each one with about 2 tbsp of the ground beef and cheese mixture. Layer in the casserole dish with the seam side up.
- Cover the stuffed shells with the remainder of the marinara sauce and the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the casserole with tin foil and bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- You can use ground turkey, ground pork or ground sausage in place of the ground beef
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.