Servings: 8 slices 1x
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 and ½ cups diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. **8.5 x 4.5 loaf pans are too small for this recipe.
- Mix butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy with an electric hand mixer
- Mix in eggs one at a time and then mix in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pour diced strawberries on top and gently mix them into the top half of the batter with a spoon – this will prevent all of the strawberries from sinking to the bottom.
- Bake at 325F for 70 minutes. Allow loaf to cool completely before slicing.
- omit the strawberries for a standard pound cake recipe
- serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.