Servings: 12 cookies 1x
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (scoop and level measured)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl with granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until fully combined and slightly fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the bowl and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet with the electric mixer – you may need to use your hands to help the dough come together.
- Pour sprinkles into a shallow dish. Scoop ~3tbsp of dough out and roll into a ball. Roll that ball in the sprinkles and press in until all sides of the ball are coated in the sprinkles.
- Place on the baking sheet with space between each cookie – I fit 6 per baking sheet. Press down slightly and add more sprinkles.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- To make these gluten free, use a 1:1 gluten free flour substitute
- Use any color of sprinkles that you like! You can use holidays colors to make festive cookies!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.