- 12oz sourdough bread (about 1/2 a large loaf)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil – separated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 a red onion
- 12oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dreid oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the sourdough bread into cubes and lay on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil over the bread and use your hands to toss and make sure the bread is evenly coated. Sprinkle 1 tsp salt over the bread. Place in the oven to bake for 16-20 minutes. Remove when the bread is golden brown.
- While the bread cubes toast, cut the red onion into thin slices. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and slice the basil into ribbons. Whisk together red wine vinegar, the other 2 tbsp olive oil, dried oregano and crushed red pepper in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Add the toasted bread cubes to a large mixing bowl along with the red onion, tomatoes and basil. Pour the vinaigrette over top and toss until all of the bread and veggies are evenly coated.
*** I prefer to make this panzanella salad a day in advance so that it has time to sit in the fridge and all of the flavors come together.