Servings: 13 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup broken graham cracker pieces
- 4.5oz milk chocolate cut into chunks
- 13 marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cream softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a hand mixture or electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. in a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in graham cracker pieces and chocolate chunks with the spatula.
- Scoop about a 1/4 cup of batter out of the bowl for each cookie. Roll into. a ball and place on the cookie sheet with lots of space between each cookie – I recommend baking in 2 batches.
- Bake at 350F for 15-16 minutes. Remove from oven and place a marshmallow sideways on top of each cookie. Bake for another 2 minutes and remove from the oven. Use a spatula to press down gently on the warm marshmallows on the cookies so they stick to the cookie.
- To get a golden brown top to the marshmallow, use a torch to cool slightly OR increase the oven heat to a broil and place the cookie sheet below the broiler for 30 seconds or less! careful because the marshmallow will burn quickly
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- use gluten free all purpose flour and gluten free graham crackers to make these cookies gluten free
- use mini marshmallows in place of full size if necessary
- you can use dark chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips in place of the milk chocolate
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.