Servings: 6 cookies 1x
- ½ stick (¼ cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk – just the yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips + more for topping
- Flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, brown sugar and sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix again.
- Add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixing bowl and mix again with the electric mixer. It will seem too crumbly at first, but keep mixing until the dough comes together.
- Pour chocolate chips into the bowl and mix in with a flat spatula.
- Scoop out about 3 tbsp of batter per cookie and roll into a ball. You should have 6 cookie dough balls. Place them on the lined baking sheet with space between each cookie.
- Bake at 375F for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and top with flakey sea salt. Allow to cool and enjoy!
- Only use egg yolk – using a whole egg will not work
- Substitute all purpose flour with gluten free all purpose flour blend to make these cookies gluten free
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.