Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Meatballs are a flavorful, tender, and healthy meal prep recipe. Just grab a few simple ingredients, throw everything in your slow cooker, and when you get home you’re ready to dig in!
I like BBQ chicken anything and I love all meatballs so this is pretty perfect.
I have been getting requests on my Instagram for slow cooker recipes FOREVER and I was too scared to jump into them… until now. They are shockingly easy and useful. There is no better way to start than with some delicious, healthy BBQ meatballs!
These meatballs are not only delicious but also just SO easy to throw together. I tested these out A LOT with different cooking methods and the slow cook method was definitely the winner!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this slow cooker meal?
- Measuring cups and Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- 1.5 tbsp measuring scoop
- Slow cooker
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy meatballs?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Meatballs with just a few basic ingredients. Grab the ingredients listed below and get to cooking!
- Ground chicken
- Almond flour
- Barbecue sauce – I used my homemade Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce. It’s Whole30 compliant!
- Chicken broth or chicken bone broth if you’re on Whole30
Let’s make some Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Meatballs!
Step 1: Make Meatballs and Sauce Mixtures
Step 2: Prep Slow Cooker
Next, spoon some of the sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, scoop out 1.5 tbsp of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball.
Continue scooping until you have 15 meatballs arranged at the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, pour the remainder of the sauce on top of the meatballs taking care to at least partially cover each meatball.
Step 3: Slow Cook!
Next, close the lid of the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Finally, remove the meatballs from the slow cooker and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will these meatballs keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store your meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 5 days. Reheat the meatballs and extra sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground chicken, egg, almond flour, salt and pepper until fully combined and set to the side
- In a separate bowl combine the barbecue sauce and chicken broth until fully combined
- Spread a few spoonfuls of the sauce along the bottom of your slow cooker
- Then using a measuring scoop or measuring spoon, scoop out 1.5 tbsp of the chicken mixture and form into a meatball
- Arrange 15 meatballs in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the rest of the sauce on top trying to at least partially cover each meatball
- Close the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 6 hours
- Once cooked remove from the slow cooker and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator