Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, deveined, shell and tail removed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil (separated)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- Toss raw shrimp in soy sauce and curry powder.
- Cut bell pepper and zucchini into slices. Mince the garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and sear the shrimp in the oil for about 1 minute each side and remove the shrimp from the pan
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and saute the peppers and zucchini for 3-4 minutes over medium heat
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the ginger, garlic and red curry paste. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk and rice vinegar into the pan and mix until everything is combined. Simmer veggies in mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add seared shrimp back into the skillet and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over rice
- You can use green or yellow curry paste in place of red curry paste
- You can use cashew milk in place of coconut milk if you need to
- Feel free to use different vegetables like chopped napa cabbage, summer squash or onion
- You can use cubed fish in place of the shrimp
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.