Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb Italian sausages (sweet or hot)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Slice bell peppers into thin strips and chop onion into half moon strips. Whisk together tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, grease the pan lightly and sear sausage links for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place warm seared sausage in a mixing bowl with the bell pepper and onions. Pour salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder into the bowl and toss to mix evenly. Pour the balsamic, tomato paste and oil mixture over the sausage and peppers and toss again.
- Pour ingredients onto the baking sheet and arrange so that the sausages lay flat on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve over pasta, with veggies or on a roll.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.