Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup dry farro
- 16oz brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook farro according to package instructions. Set aside and let cool.
- Shred brussels sprouts into thin shavings. You can do this with sharp knife, food processor, or you can buy them preshredded.
- Prepare dressing by blending together lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, and fresh cracked black pepper. Then, with the blender running, slowly blend in the olive oil.
- Toss cooked and cooled farro with the shaved brussels sprouts, parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds. Toss the whole thing in the vinaigrette and serve.
- I like to make this salad a day before serving to allow the flavors to combine in the fridge
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.