Servings: 2 cocktails 1x
- 4 oz rum – I recommend Flor de Caña 12 Year Aged Rum
- 2 tsp demerara syrup or simple syrup
- 4 dashes orange angostura bitters
- 2 orange peels
- Optional – dark maraschino cherries
- Fill a large glass or small pitcher with ice.
- Pour the rum, demerara or simple syrup, and bitters into the glass. Stir with the ice – you want to stir several times to make sure everything is evenly combined and chilled
- Place fresh ice or one large ice cube in each of 2 cocktail glasses. Use a strainer to pour the cocktail over the fresh ice leaving the old ice behind in the pitcher.
- Twist the orange peel to express the oils over the cocktail and then place the orange in the glass. Garnish with dark maraschino cherries and serve.
- If you don’t have a demerara syrup or simple syrup, mix 2 tsp granulated sugar with 2 tsp water and the bitters before adding ice and mixing in the rum
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.