Servings: 6 servings 1x
- Dice onion and mince the garlic
- Add onion and garlic to the pot with oil over medium-low heat
- Cook until soft and fragrant, tossing frequently, about 5 minutes
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, and smoked paprika to the onions and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add the tomato paste to the pot and mix in with the garlic and onions
- Drain the liquid from the roasted red peppers and add to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and coconut milk
- Increase the heat to medium-high until it just starts to boil
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered for 30 minutes stirring frequently
- Turn off the heat and blend the soup in the pot with an immersion blender – if you don’t have an immersion blender you can pour the simmered soup into a standard blender to blend
- Serve with crackers or tomato soup!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.