Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 1–2 heads of garlic (3 heads if you like it extra garlicky)
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F. Trim the tops off of the heads of garlic and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Wrap each head of garlic tightly in tinfoil, place on a baking sheet and roast at 400F for 45 mins.
- While the garlic roasts, drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a pot with water and 1 tsp of baking soda. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas again and pace in a food processor or high speed blender along with lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- When the garlic is roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the food processor with the other ingredients and blend.
- Blend until almost fully combined, then with the food processor running, pour ice cold water into the top. Blend until smooth and fluffy. Serve with veggies and pita chips!
- The number of garlic heads you use will determine how garlicky this hummus is. If you aren’t sure what you would like, start with just 1.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.