Servings: 3 servings 1x
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (34g by weight per scoop)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Blend eggs, cottage cheese, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and protein powder together in a blender until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet with a spatula and mix until just combined – it is okay if there are small lumps.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes while the waffle iron preheats.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour batter into the center. Use ¼ cup batter for a mini waffle iron and ½ cup batter for a full size waffle iron.
- Allow waffle to cook completely then remove from waffle iron.
- It is important to spray the waffle iron before cooking each waffle. Continue the cooking process until all batter is used.
- *** recipe will make 9 mini waffles or 4 regular sized waffles
- protein amount is based on a vanilla whey protein powder that has 20g of protein per scoop, protein amounts will vary depending on which protein powder is used.
- store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- store in the freezer for up to 3 months. reheat in the toaster, toaster oven or air fryer from frozen
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.