Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 4 boneless skinless pork chops (each 1 inch thick)
- 2 medium apples
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Salt pork chops liberally on all sides and set aside
- Slice apples and onion into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over med-high heat. Sear pork for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the pork from the pan and decrease heat to med-low.
- Add butter to the pan and saute onions and apple in butter until softened about 5 minutes. Season with salt and dried thyme and cook for another minute.
- Nestle pork chops back into the pan with the apples and onions. Place skillet in the oven and cook at 350F for 12 minutes. Check that the internal temperature of the pork has reached 145F and enjoy!
- You can use any kind of apple but I prefer something sweeter like a honey crisp
- You can use any oven safe skillet for this recipe
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.