Servings: 24 servings 1x
- 1 can light coconut milk (13.5oz)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar and cocoa powder to a small sauce pan
- Whisk the ingredients together and bring to a boil – be careful not to let the mixture boil over the edge of the pan
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer
- Simmer uncovered for 14 minutes, whisking occasionally
- Remove the pot from heat and allow to cool for a minute before whisking in the peppermint extract and salt
- Allow the syrup to cool completely then place in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- You can use evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk in place of the coconut milk. If you use sweetened condensed milk, it will make the syrup quite a bit sweeter, but that doesn’t bother me.
- You can use coconut sugar or white granulated sugar in place of the brown sugar
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.