Servings: 16 slices 1x
Cobbler Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh peaches (peeled and diced – about 4 small peaches)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Pound Cake Ingredients
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs – room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray a standard sized bundt pan with spray oil and make sure all areas are evenly coated.
- Mix peaches with 1 tbsp of sugar and set aside to let them macerate. Mix together remaining cobbler filling ingredients until a thick crumble remains. Keep crumble and peaches separate.
- In a separate large bowl use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs in 1 at a time, scraping the sides between each egg.
- Beat in the sour cream, milk and vanilla on a low speed. Add in the dry ingredients with a flat spatula until just combined – be sure to scrape the bottom to really mix the wet mixture in with the dry.
- Add half of the pound cake mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan. Crumble half of the crumb filling mixture over the batter. Then, add the peaches on top of that. Crumble the second half of the filling over the peaches. Add the remaining half of the pound cake batter to the top.
- Bake at 325F for about 70 minutes. The top should be golden brown and slightly soft to the touch – a toothpick should come out mostly clean. Careful not to overbake or you will be left with dry pound cake!!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Gently flip out of the bundt pan and cool completely.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and pour over top of the fully cooled pound cake.
- ** cool cake COMPLETELY before slicing
- The center is supposed to be like a peach cobbler so it will be soft and crumbly even if the pound cake is fully cooked.
- This is a very rich and decadent cake so I like to slice into thin slices.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.