Servings: 14 cookies 1x
- 3 cups rolled oats – separated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick of butter – unsalted, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4oz chocolate bar finely chopped OR 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt for topping
- Take half of the rolled oats (1.5 cups) and process into a flour in a food processor or high speed blender. Then, mix this oat flour with 1.5 cups whole rolled oats, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream together the butter and brown sugar until soft and fluffy. Mix in the egg and then the vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a spatula. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and place the dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 2 tbsp scoop to scoop the dough into about 14 dough balls.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet with space between each one and top with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, cool completely and serve!
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.