Spicy Turkey Burgers
Meal prep is essential in my life, but I also get bored with meals super easily. Because of this I am constantly looking for ways to shake up my meal prep each Sunday or Monday. These spicy turkey burgers were perfect for just that. I made a batch on a Monday and had them all week for salads, sandwiches and lettuce wraps.
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- For stove top prepare grill pan. For baking preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients to bowl and combine thoroughly with your hands.
- Shape mixture into about five 3" wide patties and make an indent in the center with your thumb.
- If using grill or grill pan, grill patties on med high for 6 minutes each side. If using oven, bake for 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
*** Cooked patties can be frozen and reheated.