Grain Free Spiced Pumpkin and Apple Bread
As hard as I've tried, I just cannot stay away from the pumpkin baked goods. There is a reason why everyone is so excited about them!! They are JUST. TOO. GOOD. This bread included. I made this with almond flour so it it completely grain free and is super low sugar because I only used 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to sweeten the entire loaf. You may have seen my dad call it, "holiday delicious," on my instagram and I have to agree. This thing would be a hit at any halloween/thanksgiving/homecoming/otherwise named fall event.
- 1/2 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Peel an apple and shred on a cheese grater on the medium size. Shred the apple until there is 1/2 cup of shredded apple.
- Beat eggs thoroughly in a smaller bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and maple syrup to shredded apple and mix all wet ingredients.
- Add sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder to wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold almond flour into wet ingredients with a spatula. Mix until the almond flour is thoroughly mixed in and there are no clumps.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Add batter to pan and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 33-35 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool, slice and enjoy!!