Roasted Carrot Hummus
I visited a new produce market near my work this week and was pumped to get a bag of carrots that was at least 2 pounds for a dollar! I was so excited with my deal that I didn't really pause to think of what I would do with all those dang carrots...
Looked around my pantry and there was only one logical answer: hummus! The sweetness of the roasted carrots in this hummus is a game changer. The flavor combo is seriously addicting so whip up a batch and get to snacking!
- 2 large or 4 medium carrots
- Avocado oil for roasting
- 1 tsp Salt + seasoning for roasting
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel carrots and trim. Slice into thirds for faster roasting. Coat liberally in avocado oil, sprinkle with salt and place on lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 400F until soft about 45-60 minutes depending on carrot thickness. It is good to rotate the carrots a few times while roasting.
- Remove carrots from the oven and let cool.
- Place carrots, chickpeas, lemon, tahini, and spices in a food processor and process until mostly combined.
- Keep processor on low and slowly stream in olive oil. Switch speed to high and run processor until hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days - If it lasts that long!!