Mad's Pantry Must Haves
When I began looking for a new apartment in Philadelphia I was looking for two things:
A big kitchen
Lots of natural light
I quickly learned that there was no way I was going to find both of those things in a studio in my price range, but I did fall in love with a place with tons of natural light and a gas stove so I only partially had to compromise on my first point.
I love my new apartment, but I have to be honest the kitchen is TINY. If you live in New York or D.C. you might not be shocked by it, but coming from Atlanta I couldn’t fathom a kitchen with 0 cabinets. SO I knew that when I started to fill it I needed to be extremely intentional and strategic. Luckily I was starting
I have prepared a checklist and attached it here that you can download and use to stock your own pantries! As a disclaimer, I follow certain dietary guidelines when I cook at home so my list of pantry items reflect the fact that I am currently avoiding grains, dairy, soy, corn and nightshade vegetables.
Some of my pantry must haves including my favorite brands:
- Olive Oil - Braggs or Trader Joe's brand
- Coconut Oil - Thrive Market brand
- Avocado Oil - Chosen Foods, Primal Kitchen Foods from Thrive Market or Whole Foods
- Spray Coconut and Avocado Oil - Chosen Foods from Whole Foods or sometimes super cheap at TJ Maxx!!
- MCT Oil - I used to be picky about the brand, but lately I have been loving Sports Research Brand
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Braggs or Thrive Market brand
- White Balsamic Vinegar - Trader Joe's brand
- Coconut Aminos - Coconut Secret, Trader Joe's brand or Thrive Market brand
- Almond butter and other nut butters - Trader Joe's consistently has the best prices and quality on these
- Tahini - Soom Foods is the BEST (PS don't sleep on the chocolate tahini!!)
- Coconut Butter - Amazon has the best prices
- Raw Cacao Butter - Again Amazon kills it for this - this item is a MUST for my bulletproof coffee and Matcha!
- Avocado Oil Mayo - Chosen foods and Primal Kitchen Foods from Thrive Market
- Spices and Seasonings - Trader Joes always
- Nutritional Yeast - Braggs or Thrive Market brand
- Raw Nuts and Seeds - Trader Joes or Amazon - my favorite raw cashews
- Collagen - My moms into Sports Research also like Further Food - Discount Code: MADABOUTFOOD10
- Coconut and Almond Flour - Now Foods and Bob's Red Mill
- Cassava Flour - Otto's is hands down the best!
- Pancake Mix - Paleo pancake mix from Birch Benders
- Tea bags - Yogi Tea or Trader Joe's - my favorite at the moment is peppermint
- Sprinkles! - I am loving ones from Amazon with natural dyes.
- Dutch Cocoa Powder - GAME CHANGER for baking
- Grain Free Pasta - Cybele's is my current favorite, but I always like Banza pasta!
- Dairy free creamer - Califia Farms is my favorite brand and you can't beat 0 added sugar.
- Safe Catch Tuna - having this in my pantry has saved me from lunchtime hanger on multiple occasions.
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. If you do end up purchasing any of these recommended items, I will receive a small amount of commission. This helps me continue creating great recipes for all of you! Thank you for understanding that I would never recommend a product that I don't actually use and believe in.