Grain Free Confetti Cookie
Is there anything cheerier than a big bowl of rainbow sprinkles? I bought them for a cake that I wanted to bake, but as soon as a I had them, I was reminded of the giant, soft, sprinkle cookies from Great Harvest Bread Co. Anyone else have them as a kid? This is my remake. Not necessarily much better for you, but they are soft and chewy and make me smile.
- 1 stick grass fed butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 rainbow sprinkles + more to top
- Take the butter and eggs out of the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature. **this step is extremely important. Otherwise, sugar, eggs and butter will not properly combine
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl. You want the mixture to be light and fluffy. This will take 2-4 minutes on medium.
- Add eggs and vanilla into mixing bowl and continue mixing on medium speed until fully combined.
- Add in salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add in coconut flour 1/4 cup at a time with mixer speed on low.
- Once the mixture is thickened, slowly fold in sprinkles with a plastic spatula.
- Let dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1.5-inch diameter balls. Roll tightly so that the cookies do not break apart once cooled.
- Place on a baking sheet and top with more sprinkles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. Be careful not to let the bottom burn.
- Transfer to a baking rack and allow to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.