Grain Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Yesterday my mom turned to me and said, "Mad, these bananas are perfectly ripe. Want to freeze them for smoothies?" I practically screamed, "NO!!!" back at her, which was clearly uncalled for, but I have been craving banana bread for weeks and when the universe provides you with perfectly ripe bananas, you make banana bread.
I'm on a bit of a grain free kick lately, so I wanted to make a grain free banana bread with minimal ingredients that I could make again and again. The first round I tried to use coconut flour and was left with a gross dry glob. Luckily I had 3 more perfect bananas so on batch #2 I added more banana, more oil and swapped coconut flour for almond and the results were pretty great.
I was hoping to eat this as a mid morning snack throughout the week because lately I'm not super hungry as soon as I wake up, but by the time this is published I am sure my family and I wil l have devoured the whole loaf. SO if I can give you any advice with this bread, it would be: make two!!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl until most lumps are gone.
- Beat eggs thoroughly in a smaller bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup to bananas and mix all wet ingredients.
- Add sea salt and baking powder to wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold almond flour into wet ingredients with a spatula. Mix until the almond flour is thoroughly mixed in and there are no clumps.
- Fold most of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Add batter to pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-33 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool, slice and enjoy!!