Creamy Summer Pasta Salad (Vegan/GF)
Even with the temperatures rising my love of carbs has remained pretty steady. So lately I have been swapping out the warm pasta for a cold pasta salad that I can have with some bright fresh veggies. This pasta salad is super creamy, but still completely dairy free thanks to tahini!
- 3 cups cooked GF pasta of choice - I used Trader Joes
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- 1 cup cubed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling on pasta
- Cook pasta. I always cook mine for less time than the package says especially if it is a grain free or gluten free noodle. The package said 7-9 minutes on mine and I cooked it for about 5 minutes.
- When cooked rinse pasta thoroughly and drizzle with olive oil to coat and prevent sticking.
- Make the dressing by combining tahini and lemon juice with a whisk. When mixture siezes up slowly add in water until the mixture thins to a dressing consistency. Add in chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
- Combine chopped veggies, pasta and tahini dressing.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.