Grain Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Every time I make a new banana bread my dad tastes it, loves it and then says, "Stop making these little cakes!! All I do is eat them." Well dad, the good news is, I have moved out and you wont be my main "cake" taste tester anymore! The bad news: I WILL EAT THEM ALL! But seriously, this banana bread is heavenly. Don’t be fooled by the fact that its grain free or that I am calling it bread. This thing is most definitely like a cake. That said, I will still be eating it for breakfast on the reg because a slice of this with a cup of coffee will brighten even the saddest of days.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- Cinnamon Sugar Layer
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl until most lumps are gone.
- Beat eggs thoroughly in a smaller bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla and coconut oil to bananas and mix all wet ingredients.
- Add sea salt and baking powder to wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold almond flour into wet ingredients with a spatula. Mix until the almond flour is thoroughly mixed in and there are no clumps.
- Make cinnamon sugar layer - in a separate bowl melt coconut oil and allow to cool slightly, mix in cinnamon and coconut sugar while coconut oil is still warm. Add 1/4 cup of the banana bread batter to the cinnamon sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Add half of the banana batter to pan. Then, pour in half of the cinnamon sugar mixture creating a smooth layer. Pour in the second half of the banana batter and finally, pour the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Drag a knife back and forth through the pan to create the swirl
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the top layer of cinnamon sugar is bubbling and beginning to crisp. Let cool, slice and enjoy!!
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. If you do end up purchasing any of these recommended items, I will receive a small amount of commission. This helps me continue creating great recipes for all of you! Thank you for understanding that I would never recommend a product that I don't actually use and believe in.