Blueberry Coconut Cake Balls
My stomach is grumbling just thinking about these fatty little cake balls, so I will keep this short and sweet so we all have more time to whip up a new batch. I have a major sweet tooth. I can do aaaaaalll the sugar detoxes I want, but at the end of the day (literally the end of the day around 9pm) I always crave dessert. These cake balls are so rich and full of good fats that I only need one to curb my daily sweet craving. As a bonus I have included my favorite Further Food collagen for an added boost of protein. With ingredients this good you might even be able to convince yourself to have cake for breakfast!!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Scoops Further Food Collagen Peptide
P.S. You can get 10% off your order of Further Food collagen by using the code MADABOUTFOOD10. This is the one supplement that I can say has truly changed my life. I had horrible psoriasis in my nails and they honestly looks disgusting. After about 6 months of daily collagen I can go back to the nail salon with confidence.
- Place cashews and coconut in a food processor and process until a thick creamy mixture slightly thicker than cashew butter forms. This may take nearly 10 minutes
- Add dried blueberries, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and collagen to the food processor and combine the mixture until most of the blueberries have been thoroughly mixed in. I like to leave some larger blueberry pieces in my bites for a little texture.
- Place the "dough" in the refrigerator to firm it up for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1" to 1.5" diameter balls and then coat them in coconut flakes, chia seeds, hemp seeds or freeze dried blueberries like I did!!