Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add ground chicken, egg, almond flour, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to a mixing bowl. Mix to combine thoroughly with a spoon or your hands.
- With wet hands, roll out 8 meatballs using about 2 tbsp of mixture for each meatball. Place meatballs on a tray. Cut part skim mozzarella into cubes. Stuff each meatball with a piece of mozzarella.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet. Place the meatballs in the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes until the meatballs are browned on all sides.
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven to bake at 350 for 13 minutes. Take the meatballs out of the oven and pour the sauce into the cast iron. Heat the sauce and meatballs over medium-low heat until the sauce is warmed through.
- Serve meatballs with fresh parmesan cheese on pasta.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.