Servings: 12 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (scoop and level measured)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms (separated into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place softened butter in a bowl with sugar and brown sugar. Mix together with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until it is evenly combined and soft and fluffy. Crack a room temperature egg into the bowl and mix again until soft and fluffy.
- Pour all purpose flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda into the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until fully combined. Use a spatula to continue mixing the dough and help the dough come together.
- Pour 3/4 cup of M&Ms into the bowl and mix into the dough with the spatula. Using a cookie scoop, measure out 2 tbsp per cookie and scoop onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Continue scooping until you have 12 cookies – you may need to bake in 2 batches.
- Press down on the dough balls slightly to flatten and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of M&Ms. Place the baking sheet in the oven to bake at 325F for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet.Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.