Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 16oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- About 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (may be less, may be more)
- Pierce each cherry tomato through the stem hole with a toothpick and pull the toothpick back out. Add water and vinegar to a pot and bring to a boil. Add the cherry tomatoes and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cherry tomatoes and allow them to cool completely. It is helpful to cool them in the fine mesh strainer so they continue to drain as they cool.
- Add the cooled tomatoes to a mixing bowl and toss with dried oregano, crushed red pepper and salt. Transfer seasoned tomatoes to a 2 cup glass jar. Fill jar with extra virgin olive oil until the tomatoes are covered with oil.
- As you eat them be sure that the tomatoes stay covered with oil. Store in refrigerator
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.