Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1lb extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Open and drain tofu. Press tofu on a tofu press or wrap in a clean tea towel and place until a heavy object. Press the extra moisture out for 10 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 1/4inch thick rectangles and lay on a large flat surface with a lip, like a 9×13 baking pan. Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and chili flakes.
- Pour half marinade over tofu. Flip and pour on other half. Let the tofu sit in marinade for 30 minutes to soak up as much marinade as possible.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove tofu from marinade and arrange on the baking sheet with space between each piece.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- Serve warm or chilled
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week
- If you have excess marinade, toss veggies in the marinade and bake on the sheet pan with the tofu
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.