Servings: 8 servings 1x
- Dice yellow onion, mince garlic and peel and cube the russet potatoes and set to the side. Rinse green lentils, drain and set to the side.
- Heat a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium low heat and add the oil, onion and garlic to the pot. Simmer, tossing frequently until the onion and garlic are soft and fragrant – about 3 minutes.
- Season onion and garlic with the salt, pepper, and smoke paprika. Toss and continue simmering for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the cubed potatoes, lentils, vegetable broth, and water into the pot. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Test to see that the lentils are soft and cooked through.Turn off heat and stir in the white balsamic. Allow soup to cool slightly and serve with herbs and parmesan cheese.
- feel free to use low sodium vegetable broth or stock
- you can use other types of potatoes if you prefer
- freeze soup in airtight containers for up to 3 months
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.