Servings: 8 slices 1x
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1.25 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Zest a lemon and then squeeze the lemon juice out.
- Mix the lemon zest and 2 tbsp of the lemon juice with the sour cream, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a flat spatula.
- Wet the blueberries until just damp and them toss in a tsp of all purpose flour. Coating the blueberries in flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- Fold coated blueberries into the batter and pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the loaf cools, prepare lemon glaze by mixing together all of the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Pour glaze over the cooled loaf, slice and enjoy.
- Make this loaf gluten free by using an all purpose gluten free flour blend
- You can use raspberries or blackberries in place of the blueberries
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.