This Italian Pantry Pasta Salad is a flavorful and healthy pasta salad that you can make with simple ingredients that you can find right in your pantry. Whip this up in less than 30 minutes and enjoy it as a side dish or simple lunch.
A chilled pasta salad is a seriously underrated side dish.
When I was younger I refused to eat any kind of a chilled salad like a potato salad, bean salad, or a pasta salad and I was definitely missing out. It is so easy to throw chopped veggies, cooked pasta, a few seasonings into a bowl and have a delicious meal or side dish.
I made this pasta salad with all shelf-stable ingredients that you can find in your pantry! You can up the protein by including some sliced shelf-stable meats like Chomps in your pasta salad.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Italian Pantry Pasta Salad?
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large pot like a non stick dutch oven
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
What ingredients will I need to make this Italian pasta salad?
- Dry pasta – I used bow tie pasta
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned black olives
- Peperoncini peppers
- Shelf-stable meat – I used Sea Salt Beef Chomps (you can get 20% off your order and free shipping with code MADABOUTFOOD)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Crushed red pepper
Let’s make some Italian Pantry Pasta Salad!
Step 1: Cook and Rinse Pasta
First, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Be sure to properly salt the water prior to boiling. Then, drain and rinse the pasta. Return to its original pot and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
Step 2: Chop Veggies and Meat
Step 3: Toss in Dressing and Seasonings
Next, combine the olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings in a small bow. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and veggies. Toss the ingredients in the dressing until fully coated.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this pasta salad keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can refresh the pasta salad by drizzling with some extra olive oil and red wine vinegar.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 lb pasta – I used bowtie pasta
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced peperoncini peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced shelf stable meat like Chomps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Drain and rinse pasta and return to the original pot and drizzle with olive oil
- Drain diced tomatoes, slice black olives, slice peperoncinos, and slice meat and add them all to the pot with the cooked pasta
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt
- Drizzle dressing over the pasta and veggies and toss to coat fully
- Store pasta salad in the refrigerator and serve chilled