Servings: 6 servings 1x
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Heat oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottom pot like a dutch oven. Add the stew beef to the pot along with the salt. Cook beef, stirring occasionally until seared on all sides.
- Remove meat from the pot and add butter, diced onion, and minced garlic to the pot along with the smoked paprika and black pepper. Sauté until the onions and garlic are soft and fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the pot along with the beef broth, 12oz beer, and tomato tomato paste. Stir to mix. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- While the stew simmers, peel and slice carrots into rounds and quarter potatoes. When the stew has simmered for 2 hours, add the carrots and potatoes into the pot. If your stew seems too thick you can add in 1-2 cups of water.
- Simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are soft. Take the pot off the heat and stir in 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Serve the stew with fresh chopped parsley.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.