Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 6 strips of bacon – diced
- 1lb Italian sausage – mild or hot with casings removed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 yellow onion – finely diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 large russet potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large handfuls of chopped kale
- Turn instant pot on to saute mode and cook diced bacon until golden brown. Remove from the instant pot and add sausage. Cook until just browned and remove from instant pot.
- Add olive oil to instant pot along with garlic and onion. Saute until soft and fragrant – this will only take a minute. Season with salt and pepper and turn saute mode off.
- Pour chicken broth, water, cooked bacon, cooked sausage, and cubed potatoes into instant pot. Close the lid and set vent to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. After the instant pot beeps that its done cooking, manually release press and open the top.
- Set instant pot to keep warm and stir in heavy cream and kale. Stir until kale is wilted.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper
- *** To make this recipe in a crockpot, brown bacon and sausage on the stove top. Then, add all ingredients except kale and heavy cream to a crock pot. Cook on low for 5 and a half hours. Stir in kale and heavy cream and cook for another half hour before serving
- I like to use a mix of mild and hot Italian sausage for this recipe, but you can use all mild or all hot.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.