Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion
- 4lb fresh tomatoes – I like to use Roma or plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Smash and peel garlic cloves. Dice yellow onion into a large dice. Cut tomatoes into sixths or quarters depending on size.
- Turn instant pot on to saute and allow it to warm up. Pour in the olive oil, smashed garlic cloves and onion and saute them until soft and frangrant – about 3-4 minutes. Pour in the salt, pepper, dried basil, and dried oregano and saute again.
- Pour in the white wine vinegar and allow it to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Pour in the tomato paste, vegetable broth and chopped tomatoes. Turn off saute on the instant pot.
- Give the soup a gentle stir and close the lid. Set the nozzle to sealing on the top. Set the instant pot to manual / high pressure for 14 minutes. Allow the instant pot to come to pressure and cook for 14 minutes.
- When the instant pot beeps, manually release the pressure with the nozzle on top. Pour in the heavy cream and stir gently. Place the immersion blender into the instant pot and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a standard blender and blend in batches.
- Serve with heavy cream or creme fraiche, salt, pepper, and fresh basil!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.