Servings: 2 servings 1x
- Thoroughly rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear **do not skip this step. Place rinsed rice in an instant pot with 1 and 1/4 cups water and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix to combine.
- Tear off a large sheet of parchment paper and cut into a heart shape. The parchment should be large enough to wrap the salmon and green beans in. On one side of the heart layer the green beans, then lemon slices and finally top with 2 fillets of salmon.
- Mix together 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper. Brush this marinade over the salmon fillets until it is all used. It is okay if some of the marinade drips onto the green beans and parchment. Wrap the other side of the parchment over top of the salmon. Fold the edges over themselves to make a small pocket. If the parchment doesn’t stay wrapped up on its own, tie the packet together with some twine.
- Place a trivet in the instant pot on top of the rice and the salmon packet on top of the trivet. Close the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Set to manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to come to pressure and cook for 3 minutes. As soon as the instant pot beeps, turn it off and release the pressure – this will prevent the rice from over cooking. Remove the instant pot lid and take out the salmon packet. Immediately fluff the rice and serve with the salmon, green beans and lemon slices!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.